Bamburgh Lighthouse was built by Trinity House in 1910 to guide shipping passing along the Northumberland coast and in the waters around the Farne Islands. In 1975 It was extensively modernised and is now monitored from the Trinity House Operations and Planning Centre in Harwich.
Routine maintenance is carried out by a local attendant. It is the most northerly land-based lighthouse in England.
When originally built, the lamp was mounted on a skeletal steel tower which stood alongside the white building which housed an acetylene plant to power the lamp.
(A similar arrangement can be seen today at Peninnis Lighthouse in the Isles of Scilly.)
During electrification in 1975 the tower was removed, and the lantern was placed instead on top of the (now redundant) acetylene building.
Info from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamburgh